One of the things about being in ministry is that we have a great deal of control over our time. This can be a great thing or it can become an issue. How we use our time has a direct impact on our productivity and effectiveness. With that in mind here is a list of my Top Ten Time Savers:
- Set priorities on things like goals, tasks, routine paper work, avoid interruptions.
- Start with “A-priority” tasks; is it the best use of your time?
- Fight procrastination; do it now if it’s important.
- Learn to say “no” when you’ve got something important to do.
- Learn to Delegate.
- Avoid over-commitment. Be realistic about what you can do in the time you have.
- Don’t over-schedule. Allow some flexible time for crises and interruptions.
- Concentrate on what you are doing.
- Do difficult things quickly; waiting doesn’t make them easier.
- Finish as you go; get it right the first time.
So, how effective do we want to be each week? How we utilize our time is going to determine how much we accomplish.
What are some of your best Time Savers? Let us now by leaving a comment.