Memorable Evangelism Quotes – FREE “Gospel FlipAbouts”

Keith Tusing September 23, 2011 10

Memorable Evangelism Quotes   FREE Gospel FlipAbouts Children\s Ministry YouthThis week we have been hosting a discussion about Evangelizing Children.  Thank you to those who have commented and I hope that both the posts and the comments have caused all of us to think about how we approach evangelism with children.  Today I want to share some of my Favorite Quotes involving Evangelism and I would love to get your Feedback.  Which quote(s) resonate with you?  Which quote(s) cause you to go “Hmmm”?   What are the feelings these quotes stir up in you?

I would also love to send you a FREE package of “Gospel FlipAbouts.” Just share your thoughts with a Comment and we’ll send you a package.

Memorable Evangelism Quotes:

“The Great Commission is not an option to be considered; it is a command to be obeyed.” Hudson Taylor

“Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us daily.” Sally Koch

“Sympathy is no substitute for action.” David Livingstone

“It is the duty of every Christian to be Christ to his neighbor.” Martin Luther

“Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion – it is a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ.” Billy Graham

“It’s not how can I share my faith, It’s how can I not share my faith.” Mark Cahill

“I don’t know how your theology works, but if Jesus has a choice between stained glass windows and feeding starving kids in Haiti, I have a feeling he’d choose the starving kids in Haiti.” Tony Campolo

“How much do you have to hate somebody to not proselytize? How much do you have to hate someone to believe that everlasting life is possible and not tell them that?”Penn Jillette, an atheist comedian, magician, and filmmaker

So, what do you think? Which quote hits you?  What do the words contained in these quotes make you think about?  Share your thoughts…

Everyone who leaves a Comment is going to receive a FREE Package of “Gospel FlipAbouts.”

Would you like to receive Two Packages?  Leave a Comment here at CM Buzz, Like CMBuzz on FACEBOOK and Answer today’s “Question of the Day.”

10 Comments »

1. Matt September 23, 2011 at 3:49 pm - Reply

I love the Martin Luther quote. Very convicting.
    .\\att

2. Corey September 23, 2011 at 5:44 pm - Reply

I like tony campolos quote. Although the church can get too caught up in a social gospel, faith must be proceeded by action. althoigh a bowl of rice is no substitute for the Holy Spirit, faith without works is dead. Meeting peoples spiritual needs, child or adult, must be at the center of the churches agenda.

3. Vanessa September 23, 2011 at 6:21 pm - Reply

I like the quote from David Livingstone. It reminds me of James 2:14-17.

4. Christopher G. Sykes September 23, 2011 at 6:37 pm - Reply

This quote is so true, and yet we are more concerned with feeding our pets fresh food than making sure children have clean water to drink. While I live meagerly by American standards, I have to remind myself often that I am wealthy compared to the rest of the world and richly blessed by God.

5. Keith September 24, 2011 at 12:44 am - Reply

Corey & Chris,
    Tony was one of my favorite speakers.  He spoke with such passion and conviction you had to know he loved people!  Yes, we are a wealthy people compared to so much of the world and too often I forget that fact.  Our love for God is demonstrated by our love for people.

6. Victoria H. September 24, 2011 at 8:10 pm - Reply

I like the Martin Luther quote. Though, I am attending a Lutheran university, so I might be a little biased… :) And I also like the quote by Mark Cahill. My prayer is that I always remember that there are ways for me to share my faith with others. Sometimes I forget that.

7. Matt Norman September 27, 2011 at 4:03 pm - Reply

I love the quote from Penn. i have often heard it asked, “if you had a cure for cancer would you keep it to yourself, or woukd you tell the world?” Yet we have something much greater and we don’t share it.

Matt N.

8. Marla Torres January 15, 2012 at 1:04 am - Reply

Hudson Taylor’s quotes gave me burden to share the Word of God.

9. Shannon January 16, 2013 at 11:37 am - Reply

I like the quote from Billy Graham. It’s a reminder that it takes changing your life for the rest of your life and continuing to learn and grow in Jesus

10. Rebekah December 12, 2013 at 2:49 pm - Reply

The quote from Penn is so thought provoking and convicting.

Leave A Response »